Social media is a precious resource in internet marketing. Due to its massive audience, it can help us reach out to your target market and drive more sales.
Accordingly, businesses these days rely on social media marketing as it can help them build brand awareness much faster.
Besides conducting promotion on their social media handles, businesses can also reach out to social media influencers to further boost their marketing effort.
Social media influencers are people who build a name for themselves in a specific industry or niche online. They generally have a following of people who admire their lifestyle, belief, or personality.
These influencers comprise celebrities, industry experts, bloggers, and thought leaders deemed experts in a certain field by their audience. For this reason, asking their support for your brand can give bigger exposure and improve its credibility on the market.
This practice is what we call as influencer marketing.
Putting Your Influencer Marketing Strategy into Place
Beginner website owners who want to thrive in the industry may want to give influencer marketing strategy a try.
To reduce the chance of failure, get in touch with digital marketing professionals who can guide you through the steps to conducting proper digital marketing.
The following are the steps to performing successful influencer marketing.
Working on the Objectives
The first step you need to take is to identify your business goals. What do you want to accomplish with what you offer to the market? Who is your target market? These are the questions you need to ask yourself when formulating a marketing strategy.
Only then can you map your way towards achieving those goals. The following are some of the most common targets many business strategies strive to obtain:
- Brand awareness — expand the brand’s market and distribute product knowledge to influence consumers’ purchasing decisions.
- Credibility — improve the brand’s value and maintain customer satisfaction to generate leads and build a solid following.
- User engagement — establish a long-lasting relationship with the target audience to preserve their loyalty to the brand.
- Sales — increase conversion rate and revenue.
Creating an Influencer Marketing Campaign
Once you identify your business goals, it’s time to figure out how to obtain them. Without a marketing strategy to guide your business operation, it’s easier to stray from the path towards success — or worse, sets your business back.
When building your influencer marketing campaign, there are a couple of factors you need to consider beforehand:
- Marketing medium — as certain social media platforms cater to a specific group of audience, it would do you good to choose the one used by your target market.
- Budget — make sure to collaborate with influencers you can afford. The larger the influencer’s following is, the costlier their service will be.
- Competitors — analyzing your rivals’ marketing strategy can help you identify any market gaps your brand can fulfill.
- Target market — knowing your audience’s demands and preferences improves the efficiency of your marketing plan.
- Selling points — showcasing your brand’s strength may help influence consumers’ purchasing decisions and create new demands on the market.
Finding the Right Influencers
The biggest influencer marketing mistakes beginners tend to make is to choose influencers they want to collaborate with based on their size of following.
Like any other business, influencers tend to build their brand around a specific niche. Accordingly, their audiences share similar interests as the influencers they idolize.
For this reason, it would be better to work with influencers striving in the same industry as your brand. Choosing the wrong influencers will do your conversion rate, revenue, and credibility no good as you will target the wrong market from the get-go.
As different social media platforms host different types of influencers, choosing the right people to work with may seem like a challenging task.
To help you find the right influencers, you can use various influencer marketing tools as follow:
- TweetDeck — Twitter social media dashboard equipped with mention and hashtag tracker, automated publishing, and social media monitoring tools.
- HypeAuditor — Instagram influencers ranking tool capable of sorting popular users based on their number of engaged followers, country, and niche.
- Upfluence — offers access to a database of over 3 million influencers and various supporting features like influencer search and relation management,
- Hunter — uncovers email addresses for networking purposes based on domains.
Not all businesses are lucky enough to come up with the perfect influencer marketing strategy. Oftentimes, you have to experiment with different approaches and make a comparison between the results.
The following are several marketing success metrics you can use to measure the effectiveness of your influencer marketing campaign:
- Brand awareness — shown by an increase in website traffic and page views.
- Performance — covers social engagements like clicks, comments, and shares.
- Audience — indicated by the growing audience base and improved customer satisfaction.
- Sales — representing the success in generating revenue and improving conversion rates.
Influencer marketing offers a lot of opportunities for businesses to expand their reach. With the right marketing strategy, your collaboration with influencers can bring your brand to a bigger audience and increase its credibility. Once you reach that point of success, the sky will be your limit.
I am a passionate blogger and the chief editor at my own content marketing company PRable. Since college, I was interested in break-through technology and technical writing about innovative products and services that change our everyday lives for the better. I am also interested in web design and photography.